Creativity should be apparent both on-screen as well as the desired material the image is printed on. For this reason, there are several factors that have to be taken into consideration if you want to successfully print your design with zero flaws.
The next time you want to submit your design or project to a printer, make sure you have considered the following:
- The colours. Sometimes the colours we see on-screen are not the same colours we see once the design is printed. That is because the colouring system on computers is different than the colour system in the printer. They both generate colours differently, so keep this in mind if you have something that needs to be a specific shade. A professional printing company will discuss this aspect with you and tell you whether the colours you see on your screen will be the same once the design is printed.
- Resolution is very important because you want the printed version to look clean, clear and blur free. To achieve this, the file containing the project must be submitted in a high resolution to ensure a perfect print.
- Scaling the image is necessary so that the printed version does not look funny or awkward. Seeing an image on-screen is great but you have to remember that it looks that way because it is a specific size. If you’re planning on having that image printed on a larger scale, it may not look the way you want it to because of sizing issues, which can result in blurs. A reputable printing company will tell you if your file is appropriate or if you need to make changes.
- Cushion room. It’s always a good idea to leave some extra room around the edges of the image because when printed, it might not be an exact cut and you don’t want any of the design to be left out or look different than what you had on-screen.
- Make sure to proofread your work before submitting it to the printer. This cannot be emphasized enough and while it may seem obvious, it’s easy to miss a word here and there. If your design includes text, go over it several times to ensure that there are no spelling errors. The last you want is to see the mistake after it has already been printed.
If you want your prints to look flawless, Lamin-8 can help! Located in the Toronto area, they specialize in digital printing, banner printing and acrylic printing. If you want professional-looking prints without compromising your creativity, visit Lamin-8 today!